For those with diabetes, choosing shoes means searching for footwear that is both comfortable and good for your health. Dr. Comfort shoes, available through HealthEast, are prescribed by your doctor to help you avoid many of the foot complications associated with diabetes.
How Dr. Comfort shoes are different
- The shoes are based on more than 25 years of design experience and input from board-certified podiatrists.
- Extra width and depth in the toe box and forefoot area help prevent pressure on swollen feet, bunions, hammertoes and other problem areas.
- Lightweight design reduces daily fatigue.
- Many styles and colors available.
Covered by Medicare
Medicare covers Dr. Comfort shoes and inserts because custom fit footwear is necessary for the comfort and health of patients with diabetes.
Each year, Medicare provides for:
- One pair of Dr. Comfort extra depth shoes
- Three pairs of Elite prefab inserts, heat molded by your doctor OR three pairs of custom inserts made from impression foam
How to order
Your primary physician will need to write you a prescription for the custom shoes. You'll then set up an appointment for a fitting with a staff member. You'll be able to sample the shoes and order your size. If custom inserts are being made, an impression of your feet will be taken.
Contact PodiatryContact us to get a question answered or make an appointment
Need an interpreter?
HealthEast offers interpreter services for limited English proficiency (LEP) and deaf and hard-of-hearing patients and families.
More on interpreters