HealthEast Medical Laboratory (HML) offers an array of continuing education opportunities for health care professionals.
To register for classes
For more information or to register for classes, send an email to email@example.com with this required Information: attendee name, email, phone number and place of employment.
If you have questions: please contact: Linda Wagener at 651-232-6925 or contact Linda by email.
About our in-services and classes
We offer in-services and classes on a variety of laboratory-related topics.
Instructional discussions on the billing or operational aspect of the laboratory. Topics include: Medical necessity, Medicare appeal process, Coding, New client information
HML educational classes
Information on lab procedures and select collection techniques. Classes generally last at least one hour, and when available, contact hours are granted.
Topics and locations:
- On-site classes: INR, UA, Glucose, Electrolytes
- At HealthEast facilities: UA & wet preps, Phlebotomy, Wet preps, Basic lab values, Pediatric phlebotomy
In addition to utilizing our technical staff and pathologists, we retain speakers from a number of organizations including the Mayo Clinic, the Hennepin County Sheriff's Department and the College of St. Catherine. We can also tailor our seminars to meet your needs.
A calendar of continuing education opportunities is updated quarterly. Brochures for each session are mailed one month before the seminar.
HealthEast is proud to offer CEU credits for the following organizations:
- Sessions for Medical Assistants are approved through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- Sessions for Medical Technologists and Medical Laboratory Technicians are approved through the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS) P.A.C.E. program.
- We comply with the Minnesota State Board of Nursing requirements and documentation is provided on all applicable seminars.
Register for HML classes
To register for classes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with this required Information: attendee name, email, phone number and place of employment.
If you have questions, please contact:
- Linda Wagener at 651-232-6925 or contact Linda by email
- Karen Anderson at 651-232-3190 or contact Karen by email
Presentation: Phlebotomy Safety for All Ages
This presentation covers:
- Patient identification
- Preparing equipment and supplies
- Preparing the patient
- Post-phlebotomy care
- Safety tips for specific age groups
- Safety for the phlebotomist