The HealthEast Faith Community Nurse Network offers limited scholarships to selected faith communities each year to assist in paying the salary of a faith community nurse. Churches or faith-based organizations new to parish/faith community nursing are welcome to request a grant application packet from the faith community nurse network manager. Partnerships are limited to the Twin Cities East Metro area.
General requirements to join the network include:
- The church or organization demonstrates a tradition of commitment and outreach to the local community.
- Designated staff are responsible for a growing and dynamic community outreach.
- The senior pastor or leader enthusiastically demonstrates support for the creation of a parish/faith community nurse position.
- The staff demonstrate support for the parish/faith community nurse ministry.
- The organizational structure provides for clear channels of communication for reporting and accountability.
- The Faith Community Nurse:
- Is seen as a full partner of the team and an integral part of the organization’s ministry.
- Has a permanent place on the organizational chart and regularly attends staff meetings.
- Attends HealthEast Faith Community Nurse Network meetings and regularly reports ministry statistics to HealthEast.