Achieve your goals with a little help from science.
Instructions for metabolic testing
Our metabolic test holds the key for successful weight loss, unlocking your unique calorie needs. This simple 10-minute breathing test will identify the calories you burn in 24 hours and assist your Nutrition and Fitness Specialist in designing a nutrition and fitness program to meet your goals.
Four hours before metabolic testing, please do NOT:
- Have anything to eat or drink (water is ok)
- Take any herbals or drugs, like ephedra or pseudoephrine
One hour before your appointment, please do not use nicotine products (cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco or nicotine replacement products).
You can continue taking any prescription medications you are on.
Instructions for VO2 Max testing
Our VO2 Max test is performed on a treadmill and is a precise indicator of your cardiovascular fitness level. This test will give you all the information you need to gauge your fitness starting point, improve your fitness or maximize your performance. Included in this test is your VO2 Max, anaerobic threshold, calories burned during exercise and your personal heart rate zones. Please follow these instructions:
- Arrive for your appointment 15 minutes early to receive instructions and prepare for your exercise test (you will need to sign a consent form before you participate)
- Do not have a heavy meal two hours prior to your test
- Do not participate in any strenuous exercise 24 hours prior to your test
- Wear athletic shoes that fit well and comfortable exercise clothing