For an injured or ill child, a hospital can be a scary place. And from a parent's perspective, there is nothing more stressful than a child in distress or pain.
At Woodwinds we have specialists trained in both treating your child’s condition and alleviating his or her fears.
Our unique partnership with Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota gives you access to pediatric professionals and specialty services right at Woodwinds. Pediatric radiologists from Children’s work at Woodwinds on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
Unique care for unique patients
Woodwinds radiology staff has undergone special training to care for our youngest patients. The staff focuses on:
- Understanding how children think and behave
- Keeping timetables flexible
- Conducting procedures and tests as gently and as quickly as possible, without compromising quality
Child life specialists also help young patients and their families prepare for tests and procedures. They:
- Use age-appropriate tools (like dolls and picture books) to help explain where and when things will happen
- May stay during the procedure to help distract the child and keep him or her calm
Just for kids
Woodwinds has created a special radiology room just for children. The décor was chosen with children in mind and parents are allowed to be as close as possible to help calm your child.