Start by asking your doctor these nine critical questions:
- What are my risk factors for heart disease, and what can I do to lower my risk?
- What are the warning signs and symptoms of heart disease or a heart attack?
- What should I know about the effects of menopause on my health?
- What's my blood pressure, cholesterol and body mass index (BMI) — and are those numbers considered healthy?
- If I smoke, what's the best way to quit?
- Are my risk factors for heart disease the same or different for stroke, and what are the symptoms of stroke?
- What is the latest on low-dose aspirin for heart attack prevention and treatment?
- If I experience chest pain, what is your overall plan for evaluation?
- If I experience symptoms of a heart attack, which health care system is the best to go to?