Joining HealthEast's Faith Community Nurse Network
The HealthEast Faith Community Nurse Network offers grant opportunities as funding allows. Churches or faith based organizations NEW to parish/faith community nursing are welcome to request a grant application packet from the Network Manager. Partnerships are limited to the East Metro area of the Twin Cities.
General requirements include:
- The church or organization demonstrates a tradition of commitment and outreach to the local community.
- Designated staff are responsible for a growing and dynamic community outreach.
- The Senior Pastor or Leader enthusiastically demonstrates support for the creation of a parish/faith community nurse position.
- The staff demonstrate support for the parish/faith community nurse ministry.
- The organizational structure provides for clear channels of communication for reporting and accountability.
- The Faith Community Nurse (FCN) is seen as a full partner of the team and regularly attends staff meetings.
- The FCN is seen as an integral part of the organization’s ministry and has a permanent place in the organizational chart.
- The FCN attends six HealthEast Faith Community Nurse Network meetings per year.
- The FCN regularly reports ministry statistics to HealthEast.
Contact the FCN Manager by e-mail or at 651-232-5521 for additional details and a complete grant application packet.