- The Parish Nurse Network began as a pilot project in 1995 with funding from the HealthEast Foundation.
- Since 1998, the Parish Nurse program has been a budgeted program under HealthEast's Spiritual Care department.
- In 2008, it changed its name from the Parish Nurse Network to the HealthEast Faith Community Nurse Network to better represent its changing mission.
- There are currently more than 10 faith community nurses working in East Metro faith communities.
- The Faith Community Nurse Network is made up of paid and unpaid faith community nurses who work 10, 16 or 20 hours per week. They work in either their home congregation or an assigned congregation or community program.
- HealthEast offers limited scholarships to selected faith communities each year to assist in paying the salary of a faith community nurse.
- The Faith Community Nurse Network employs a manager who works as a liaison between HealthEast, the faith communities and the nurses.
Did you know?
- 30.2% of parishioners who use the parish nurse program are male.
- 2,057 blood pressure checks were done this year throughout all churches.
- 20.8% of parish nurses are devoting their time to personal health counseling.
- 55.8% of married couples who have access to a parish nurse use their church's parish nurse services.
- 91.6% of people who use the parish nurse service are parishioners.
- 36.8% of parish nurses are devoting time to being a faith/health integrator.
- 61.6% of parishioners are 61 years of age or older.
- 1,734 parishioners have used the parish nurse program in the last 11 months.
The Faith Community Nurse Network services:
See a map of our locations and a listing of our faith community nurses
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, St. Paul
- Cerenity Residence; Marian of St. Paul (Pastoral Nurse)
- Church of St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Paul Park
- Fairmount Avenue United Methodist Church, St. Paul
- HealthEast City Passport Program
- St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church, St. Paul
- St. Paul's United Church of Christ, St. Paul
- Scandia Shores, Shoreview (Pastoral Nurse)
- Woodbury Baptist Church
- Woodbury/Peaceful Grove United Methodist Church