People with chronic slow- or non-healing wounds may benefit from specialized wound care. The HealthEast Vascular Center provides patients with chronic wounds the latest medical knowledge to promote faster healing and decrease the risk of complications. Our multidisciplinary team includes wound certified nurse practitioners and physicians in the specialties of vascular surgery, podiatry, general surgery, plastic surgery, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We work closely with multiple specialties in medicine, along with the patient’s primary care physician, to provide comprehensive and coordinated wound care.
Contact the Vascular Center
Call us when you need to make an appointment or get a question answered.
Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
St. Paul location:
Wednesday, 8 am to 4 pm
Wounds we treat may be due to:
- Venous disease
- Arterial disease
- Non-healing surgical complications
- Complex underlying medical disease
To promote optimal healing, treatment services may include:
- Radiographic testing and imaging to identify causes of wounds
- Laboratory analysis
- Debridement (removal of dead tissue from wounds)
- Appropriate dressing selection
- Infection identification and management
- Compression therapy
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Patient education
- Offloading techniques to decrease the pressure on a wound
- Surgical intervention
Preventing new wounds
Sometimes learning more about wound care and health is all it takes to reduce the occurrence of new wounds. We show you how to use wound care products and bandages and discuss how good nutrition and eliminating risk factors (such as smoking) can help wounds heal - and keep you healthier.