If you have vascular disease, diabetes or other health problems, you may have experienced chronic non-healing wounds. At HealthEast Vascular Center, we help to heal these wounds through our comprehensive wound care program.
Our team of specialized physicians and nurses has tremendous experience in wound care and take the time to understand your individual needs.
The Wound Care program focuses on:
- Finding the cause of the wound and addressing any underlying problems.
- Treating infections to help wounds heal faster.
- Running radiology tests to learn more about the wound.
- Working with you to decide on the best treatment options.
- Offering education to help you improve your health and heal wounds faster.
Relieving pressure that causes wounds
Many wounds are caused by pressure, so to heal them, it's important to find ways to relieve the pressure.
Orthotists at the Vascular Center can help by custom designing :
- Special inserts for shoes
- Seating devices
- Pressure relieving splints or casts that allow movement while eliminating pressure on the wound site.
Preventing new wounds
Sometimes learning more about wound care and health is all it takes to reduce the occurence of new wounds. We show you how to use wound care products and bandages and discuss how good nutrition and eliminating risk factors (such as smoking) can help wounds heal - and keep you healthier.