Emergency Medical Technician – Basic (EMT-B)
At HealthEast Medical Transportation, Emergency Medical Technicians must:
- Successfully complete the EMSRB approved curriculum.
- Pass practical and written certification examinations.
- Be at least 18 years old.
EMTs must also be able to:
- Communicate verbally, via telephone and radio equipment
- Lift, carry, and balance up to 125 pounds (250 with assistance)
- Interpret written, oral and diagnostic form instructions
- Use good judgment and remain calm in high-stress situation
- Be unaffected by loud noises and flashing lights
- Function efficiently throughout an entire work shift without interruption
- Read manuals and road maps
- Interview patients, family members, and bystanders
- Document in writing all relevant information
- Converse with co-workers and hospital staff as to status of patient.
At the conclusion of the course, participants must demonstrate competency in:
- Patient assessment
- Trauma care
- Managing medical emergencies
- Utilizing Basic Life Support equipment
- Hemorrhage control
- Fracture and spinal stabilization
- Managing environmental emergencies
- Emergency childbirth
- Cardiac Management/Automated External Defibrillator
110 hours, plus clinical/field rotation
Find upcoming dates and get registration information.
For more information
To learn more, contact us at 651-232-1743 or email@example.com.
The EMT-B course is administered by HealthEast EMS Education and approved by the MN EMSRB and the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)