Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing assistance
Free sign language and oral interpreters, TTYs, and other services are available to deaf and hard-of-hearing persons. For 24-hour assistance, go to the emergency room or call:
- 651-326-7852 (from 8 am to 11 pm)
- 651-326-7843 (from 11 pm to 8 am)
- Dial 9 first if calling from a hospital phone
TTY available at the ER lobby entrance.
HealthEast offers telephone interpreter services for limited English proficiency (LEP) patients and families. Interpreter services are free and available 24 hours a day.
Before you call us, make sure that you or someone with you can tell us the following information:
- Your name and how to spell it
- Your date of birth
- The phone number where we can call you back if needed
- The phone number of the HealthEast location you are trying to reach
To reach a HealthEast Clinic or Care Connection
To reach a HealthEast Clinic, or for questions about your health, call these numbers to speak to an interpreter:
- Hmong – 612-235-4861
- Karen – 612-235-4864
- Spanish – 612-235-4863
- For other languages, call the phone number below
For all other HealthEast locations
Call 1-888-574-7131 for interpreter assistance when contacting HealthEast locations other than clinics. The first message you will hear will be in English – please do not hang up the telephone. Keep listening and you will be given different language choices.
After you are connected, press the number to speak to an interpreter in your language:
- 1 for Hmong
- 2 for Spanish
- 3 for Somali
- 4 for Karen
- 5 for other languages
Get instructions in multiple languages.