Our Northeast Crossings cafeteria is located on the first floor and offers a selection of meals, snacks and drinks. Microwaves are also available.
Our serving hours are:
Monday through Friday
- Breakfast: 6:30 to 9:45 am
- Lunch: 11 am to 1:45 pm
- Dinner: 4:30 to 7 pm
Saturday, Sunday and holidays
- Breakfast: 7 to 9:30 am
- Lunch: 11 am to 1:30 pm
- Supper: 4:30 to 7 pm
Dining by Design, HealthEast’s inpatient room service, offers guest trays for patient visitors. Orders are taken by the Room Service Ambassador by calling the number listed on the menu. The price is $7 for breakfast, lunch or dinner; cash, check or credit card are accepted.
Vending machines are located on the first floor next to the courtyard and are accessible 24 hours a day.
Outside of St. John's campus, you can find a variety of eating options along Beam Avenue or surrounding Maplewood Mall. Traveling east along Beam Avenue you can choose fast food, ethnic options or popular chain restaurants, including Outback Steakhouse, Chili's, Jake's City Grille, Olive Garden and Red Lobster.
A number of hotels are located near St. John's Hospital. Many offer reduced rates for families of St. John's patients. For details and rates, please contact the hotels directly. Rates are subject to change.
Inside St. John’s
- Our official greeter: Young and old alike may be thrilled to visit our official greeter, Lucy Van Pelt. Located at our main entrance, this Peanuts character was one of many statues in the 2002 Peanutson Parade event in St. Paul. Long-time HealthEast contributors and volunteers, David and Mary Jo Monson, won the bid that brought Lucy to St. John's campus. Feel free to have your photo taken with Lucy — this is a favorite of families with their newborns.
- Fireplace: If you would like to get away for a few minutes without leaving St. John's campus, we invite you to relax in our fireplace area. Settle back in the comfortable chairs and tables around the fireplace. This popular spot for visitors is located on first floor near the main entrance, within easy distance of our vending area and Ginkgo Coffee and Smoothie Bar.
- Gallery of Art: If you are on first floor, stroll through our Gallery of Art, located near the vending area. The featured local artist changes monthly and works can be purchased at the Information Desk.
- Walking paths: If you're looking to stretch your muscles, try our walking paths. Depending on how much time you have, there are short and long versions, both of which are well-marked with words of encouragement through our parking lot. Ask for a map at the Information Desk.
Outside St. John’s
Maplewood Mall is located east of St. John's Hospital campus and features a variety of stores, including department stores such as JCPenney's, Sears, Kohl's and Macy's. To drive there, turn left onto Hazelwood, drive to Beam Avenue, turn left, then proceed to South Lawn Drive and turn left into mall parking lot.