Volunteers play an in important role at St. Joseph's Hospital. They enhance the care we provide through their strong dedication and compassionate and caring service.
We are always looking for compassionate people who can fulfill the important role of a St. Joseph's volunteer. We can help you share your gifts, and you may even discover some talents you didn't know you had!
Find your niche
To find the best fit for you, our Volunteer Services staff matches your interests, skills and availability with departments and positions at St. Joseph's. We offer a variety of stimulating and diverse opportunities that are sure to be a match for you.
Volunteer opportunities are categorized as Guest Services or Support Services. A sampling of Guest Services positions include:
- Welcome Center - Work in partnership with Guest Service Staff to enhance customer service by assisting St. Joseph’s patients, families and staff. Help with guests needs, answer phones, and provide escort assistance.
- Surgery Waiting Room - Work directly with families who have a loved one receiving surgery.
- Patient and family escort - Provide escort and wheelchair transport services to visitors and patients. Deliver flowers and patient mail throughout the hospital.
- Cardiac Floor Reception/Welcome Desk - Offer immediate and warm welcome to patients and guests entering St. Joseph’s Hospital; provide directional support and/or assistance to their destination.
- CyberKnife Center Reception Desk - Welcome and assist CyberKnife Center patients and families at the Reception Desk.
- Gift Shop - Provide friendly and helpful assistance to patients, visitors and hospital staff in our attractive gift shop.
Examples of Support Services include:
- Office assistance - Provide general clerical support to various departments. Computer skills are preferred.
- Deliveries - Support departments by making numerous deliveries throughout the facility.
- Patient unit assistance - Answer patient call lights and address needs as appropriate, check in with waiting families, help with stocking, deliveries and administrative tasks.
In addition to the positions above, there are many more areas in which our volunteers are used to support our patients, their families, and St. Joseph's staff. We continually identify volunteer opportunities that support and bring to life the vision of St. Joseph's while providing flexible and rewarding opportunities for those interested in contributing their time and talents to the community.
Benefits of volunteering
The benefits of volunteering go far beyond the duties of the job. It gives you the opportunity to meet new friends, learn new skills and feel the satisfaction of a job well done.
Interested in a new career? You can use hospital volunteering as a way to explore health care careers. Get a feel for the work environment before you change or prepare for a new career.
In addition to a sense of accomplishment, volunteers receive:
- Meal coupon for the day you volunteer
- Free parking for the day you volunteer
- Flexible hours
- Excellent training
- Opportunity to explore new careers