Level One - Information for EMS Professionals
HealthEast Heart Care is partnering with EMS professionals to save lives through the Level One acute myocardial infarction (AMI) process.
At St. Joseph's Hospital, our median Level One time to angioplasty is 56 minutes.
We are committed to strengthening our partnership with paramedics to improve
the time from EMS arrival to angioplasty, providing the best quality outcomes
How we partner with EMS
- We welcome ideas to streamline the process with those in the field.
- We have a shared committment to improve the quality of the Level One program through real-time clinical observation opportunities.
- We offer advanced acute coronary syndrome/ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) training and CMEs. Go here for EMS education information.
Level One process
Paramedics will initiate Level One AMI from the field when attending a patient who has met the criteria for a STEMI.
- Triage the patient and perform 12-lead ECG
- If criteria is met for STEMI, call to inform HealthEast operator of
"Level One AMI"
- Transport the patient to St. Joseph's emergency department. The cath lab staff will escort you and the patient to the cath lab and assume care.
We value our partnership with area paramedics and appreciate the vital role they play in caring for AMI patients and truly making a difference - one life at a time.