HealthEast Mental Health and Addiction Care offers a comprehensive blend of chemical dependency and mental health services. Our passion for caring and service drives our uniquely integrated approach to behavioral care. We provide a full continuum of care in one location — from initial evaluation to treatment for dual diagnoses and co-existing medical conditions.
How HealthEast Mental Health and Addiction Care is unique:
- Our individualized care produces more effective results.
- Our hospital consulting services provide physicians with support and coordination of care to better serve our patients.
- Our integrated services for individuals with dual diagnoses allow us to care for complex cases under one setting, limiting disruption for our patients.
- Our staff expertise is locally renowned, especially in areas of dual diagnoses.
Caring for the whole person
At HealthEast, we care about healing the whole person — mind, body and spirit. Our patients tell us that the spirituality they experience at HealthEast makes a difference in their healing. As a faith-based health care organization, we encourage and celebrate spirituality among our staff, caregivers and patients. From bedside visits by chaplains to grief support for families, we see how spiritual care can impact the emotional and psychological health of our patients and their families.
New outpatient programs
Go here to learn about our new outpatient programs, including L.I.F.E. (Living Independently, Free and Empowered), an intensive outpatient addiction care treatment program for the LGBT community. It offers respectful, client-centered care helping LGBT individuals create a successful and satisfying life, free from substance abuse and mental health concerns.
Mental health services
HealthEast Mental Health and Addiction Care offers both inpatient and outpatient support to adults with mental health issues. Whether seeking our services in the midst of a crisis situation or through planned therapy, all patients receive compassionate care that fits their needs.
Mental health clinics
Psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses and social workers provide assessments, medication management and psychological therapy at clinics connected with St. Joseph's and St. John's Hospitals.
Patients receive individualized services for mental health disorders. We also specialize in caring for those with:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Developmental delays
- Mental illness and chemical dependency (MICD)
- Serious and persistent mental illness
Our specialized team provides:
- Group therapy
- Medication management
Inpatient chemical dependency treatment
St. Joseph's Hospital offers two levels of unique, full-service inpatient care for adults dealing with chemical dependency.
- A detoxification program serves those needing only immediate care.
- An inpatient chemical dependency treatment program provides care for those requiring longer hospitalization.
- All patients are medically managed by a team of caregivers.
Those who require inpatient chemical dependency care often have complex, co-existing problems. For these individuals, our team of psychiatrists, family practice and internal medicine physicians provide tailored assessments and treatment.
Outpatient chemical dependency treatment
Our primary outpatient treatment offers morning or evening sessions. Our mental health outpatient clinic provides psychiatry and psychology services and an addiction counselor may refer an individual treatment plan. This support continues even when the individual leaves our facility.
HealthEast also sponsors Boys Totem Town, Ramsey County Case Management and Friends in Recovery alumni support groups for important long-term encouragement.
Mental illness & chemical dependency treatment
HealthEast provides individualized care to those facing dual diagnoses. Within our inpatient and outpatient programs, we recognize and treat individuals with chemical dependency and co-existing mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bi-polar disease and depression.
Our integrated approach to treatment allows us to offer a full continuum of care with a range of appropriate options along the way, including:
- Inpatient psychiatry and chemical dependency treatment
- Outpatient care
- Mental health clinic services
For HealthEast Mental Health and Addiction Care assessments and referrals, call 651-232-3222.
Mental Health and Addiction Care team
Our team of caregivers includes:
- Chemical dependency counselors
- Social service workers
- Spiritual care professionals
- Case managers
- Occupational & recreational therapists
- Behavioral technicians