About HealthEast Prostate Care
If caught early, survival rates for men with prostate cancer are 90% or higher. The key words are: If caught early.
HealthEast Prostate Care at St. John's saves lives by helping people understand the importance of screening and early detection. If cancer is detected, we partner with you and your family to help select the right choices for you.
Catching cancer early saves lives. That's why we work to educate men on risk factors, signs and symptoms of the disease, detection methods and treatment options.
Did you know?
- Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer diagnosed in American men.
- Each year, nearly 218,000 new cases are diagnosed in the United States.
- If caught early, survival rates are 90% or higher.
- More than 70% of all prostate cancers are diagnosed in men over age 65.
- Men with a family history have shown up to an 11-fold increase in the risk of developing prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer specialists
The specialists at HealthEast Prostate Care work as a team to coordinate your care and help you make decisions. Our dedicated team consists of:
Urologists - Physicians who provide examinations, diagnosis and surgery
Medical oncologists - Physicians who specialize in cancer care
Radiation oncologists - Physicians who treat cancer with radiation medicine
Nurse practitioner - A registered nurse with a master's or doctoral degree. Licensed nurse practitioners diagnose and manage illness and disease, usually working closely with a doctor.
Patient navigator - Your guide through treatment. Navigators are oncology nurses with added training in patient/family education and services.
Psychotherapist - Helps patients and their family members deal with the emotional aspects of living with cancer and provides coping strategies and tools.
Spiritual care - A full complement of spiritual guides