We’re dedicated to safety
HealthEast is dedicated to ensuring the safest possible care for our patients. Through the work of our Patient Safety Committee and our participation with the VHA national hospital organization's patient safety initiatives, we are reviewing and enhancing our systems and processes to provide safe patient care.
- Patient safety is a priority throughout HealthEast, with our leadership, physicians and staff.
- Our Patient Safety Committee evaluates any safety concerns raised by staff, patients or family members. The committee is responsible for developing steps to make HealthEast a safe place to receive care.
- Doctors and nurses are board-licensed and participate in continuing education.
- For medication safety, we double-check to make sure you receive the right medication, right dose, with the right method at the right time.
- We also participate in the Minnesota Hospital Association's Patient Safety Registry. This provides us with the latest safety information from around the state.
Open and honest communication
HealthEast encourages and support open and honest communication with you, your family and your health care team. It is our policy to be open and honest with you and your family by informing you of the potential results of your care, including unexpected results.
We encourage you to designate a family spokesperson to help communicate with your family and the health care team.
What you can do
We encourage you to:
- Bring a family member or friend with you to health care visits. He or she can provide comfort, support and can also help ask questions.
- Ask questions and takes notes.
- Complete a satisfaction survey. We survey our patients to learn about their hospital stay. We review these surveys and make changes as a result of your comments.
- Speak up if you have any questions about your medication.
- Let us know if you have safety concerns.
If you have questions about safety
We welcome the opportunity to discuss the care you receive. If you have comments, questions or concerns, please contact us.
- St. Joseph's Hospital - 651-232-3737
- St. John's Hospital - 651-326-7777
- Woodwinds Health Campus - 651-232-0222
- Bethesda Hospital - 651- 232-2122
The Joint Commission
The Joint Commission has released animated Speak Up™ videos to encourage patients to speak up and be active participants in their health care.
Watch the Speak Up videos on YouTube.