About HealthEast Medical Laboratory
HealthEast Medical Laboratory (HML) is a full-service reference laboratory dedicated to providing accurate test results in a fast, efficient and cost-effective manner. We have been serving the Twin Cities, greater Minnesota and Western Wisconsin for more than 25 years, during which time we've built a reputation for quality, service and commitment. We are accredited by the College of American Pathologists and The Joint Commission.
Contact HealthEast Medical Laboratory
QUESTIONS ABOUT LAB TESTS DIRECT?
Call Care Connection at 651-326-CARE (2273).
For test prices and details, see our brochure:
Lab Tests Direct! brochure
St. John's Hospital laboratory
From the main entrance, lab is located on the second floor.
- Monday – Friday, 7 am to 5 pm
- Saturday, 9 am to 1 pm
- Closed Sundays and holidays St. Joseph's Hospital laboratory Lab is located on the first floor of the de Paul Tower. - Monday – Friday, 7 am to 7 pm
- Closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays Woodwinds Health Campus laboratory Lab is located on the ground level (Woodland Level). - Monday – Friday, 7 am to 6:30 pm
- Closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays*
(* If a clinician requires testing to be done on a weekend, advance arrangements should be made by appointment only.)
- We provide clinical and pathology services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Board-certified pathologists oversee all aspects of our laboratory operations.
- Experienced staff conducts testing using state-of-the-art instrumentation.
- Unusual or esoteric tests, not performed in our laboratory, are referred to fully accredited laboratories.
HML offers clinical laboratory testing services to:
- Physician's office laboratories
- Long-term care facilities
- College and university health services
- Hospital systems
- Research groups
- Corporate health and wellness programs
HealthEast offers laboratory services at St. John's, St. Joseph's and Woodwinds hospitals.
1575 Beam Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
45 West 10th Street
St. Paul, MN 55102
1925 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
Skilled staff, quality testing
We ensure the quality of our laboratory testing through our policies, procedures, processes and an experienced and committed staff. Our pathologists, managers, supervisors, technologists, technicians and support personnel are dedicated to providing laboratory testing of the highest quality to your patients.
Quality Control Program
An integral part of our total quality process, HML's Quality Control Program, ensures the high level of precision and accuracy. Test results are constantly compared with defined criteria and established parameters. Section supervisors and pathologists review tests when specific guidelines are exceeded. As part of our quality management program, all specimen or testing discrepancies are followed up on as soon as possible in order to assure the highest quality results.
Your HML account representative is available to assist you by coordinating a complete program of laboratory services especially designed to meet your needs. Your account representative, support representative, or technical consultant will keep you updated regarding improved methodologies, new test offerings, and enhanced services available through HML.
Choose a link below to learn more about the following tests:
Lab Tests Direct!
HealthEast Medical Laboratory offers a menu of lab tests - no appointment or doctor's order needed. Tests are performed by HealthEast Medical Laboratory. Simply come to any of the hospital laboratory locations listed below. We are licensed and accredited by federal and regulatory agencies, ensuring accurate and precise laboratory results. Anyone under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Tests & payment information
We offer the tests listed below. For prices and more details about what tests include, please see our Lab Tests Direct! brochure.
Payment for tests is accepted by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard. There are no insurance forms to complete.
- Alcohol, ethyl, blood
- Anemia screen
- Arthritis screen
- Basic metabolic panel
- Blood typing
- C-Reactive Protein - high sensitivity
- Complete blood count
- Comprehensive heart screen
- Diabetes screening
- Drug screens
- General health screen
- General health screen, plus PSA
- Glycosylated Hgb (Hemoglobin A1C
- Gluten (Celiac) antibody panel
- Heart health panel
- Iron and transferrin iron saturation
- Lead screen
- Lipid screen
- Liver screen
- Lyme test
- Pregnancy test (serum)
- THC screen
- Thyroid screen
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- Women's hormone screen
Most test results will be mailed to you within three to five working days and you are encouraged to share the results with your health care provider. A pathologist will review critical test results and a list of physicians in the area will be provided upon request.
Reference ranges are provided for certain tests and are designed to help you interpret results. A normal result does not guarantee that you do not need medical attention. An abnormal result may not necessarily be abnormal for you. Your complete medical history must be considered.
You are responsible for contacting a physician regarding your test results, if necessary.