The following support groups are free. Before attending, please call the contact person. It's important to register because meeting times and locations are subject to change. See a full listing of diabetes support groups and classes. Click here to see the diabetes care support group flier.
Type 2 diabetes support group
These meetings provide emotional support and education for those with Type 2 diabetes.
- Date/time: the first Tuesday of each month from 8:30 to 9:30 am
- Location: Gladstone 55+ Center, Maplewood, MN
- To register: call 651-748-7250
- Date/time: the third Tuesday of each month from 12:45 to 1:45 pm
- Location: St. Andrews Village - 240 East Avenue, Mahtomedi, MN
- To register: call Ruth at 651-762-4314
Diabetes support groups
These meetings are for those with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. They provide education and allow time for question and answer session. There is usually a speaker at each meeting.
Cottage Grove group
- Date/time: the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 8 pm - year round
- Location: The Senior Citizens Center, Cottage Grove
- To register: call Connie at 651-232-7057
- Date/time: the second Wednesday of each month from 2 to 3:30 pm - September through May
- Location: Arlington Hills United Methodist Church, on County Road B in Maplewood
- To register: call Gene at 651-783-2683
Insulin pump support group
This group is for individuals who are interested in information on insulin pumps and for those who are already on an insulin pump. These meetings provide education and emotional support.
- Date/time: the fourth Monday of each month from 6 to 7:30 pm - September through June
- Location: Woodwinds Health Campus, Oak Conference Center in Woodbury
- To register: call Diane at 651-232-6322