We want to help make your baby's birth a memorable and meaningful experience. Created with new parents in mind, the Maternity Care centers at HealthEast are warm and calming places, where we're passionate about caring for women and their growing families.
About Maternity Care
At HealthEast, our doctors, certified nurse-midwives and nurses have the knowledge and skill to gently see you through the birth of your baby. Throughout your maternity stay, we will give you the reassurance and support you need. We know that different things are meaningful to different women and everyone has different expectations for their birth experience, so we offer personalized care that respects your wants, needs and cultural traditions.
Contact Maternity CareOur family medicine doctors and certified nurse-midwives see patients at most HealthEast Clinics locations.
To make a prenatal care appointment with a family medicine doctor, contact your HealthEast Clinic. Or, to schedule an appointment with a nurse-midwife, call their appointment line at 651-232-0005.
Choose where to deliverHealthEast Maternity Care Centers are available at the following hospitals. Call for information on upcoming Maternity Care tours.
For the health of our new moms and babies, we ask that you do not participate in a tour if you have symptoms of illness.
Pre-register for your stay
Before your hospital stay, you will need to complete a Maternity Care pre-registration form.
Influenza Season Hospital Visiting GuidelinesYear-round, including now as we face flu season, we’re acting to reduce the spread of illnesses by emphasizing our visitor policy throughout HealthEast hospitals and clinics.
If you are sick—for example, if you have a fever, cough, flu-like illness, diarrhea or are vomiting—please delay visiting until you’re well.
The Maternity Care centers at our hospitals offer:
- Prenatal care and delivery offered by family medicine doctors, certified nurse-midwives and obstetricians.
- Peace of mind with 24-hour hospital coverage by board-certified obstetricians from Metro OBGYN and Partners Obstetrics & Gynecology, P.A.
- A variety of prenatal, childbirth and parenting classes
- Family-centered care and home-like birthing suites, where you'll stay in one private room throughout labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum
- Baby-Friendly designation, which means we adhere to the highest standards of breastfeeding promotion and mother/baby bonding.
- Special care nurseries for ill or premature newborns
- Certified lactation consultants
- Pregnancy and infant loss support groups
- Postnatal massage and other complementary services
Register for classes at Amma Parenting CenterHealthEast offers childbirth, natural childbirth, breastfeeding, care for multiples, newborn care classes and more through a partnership with Amma Parenting Center.
Visit www.ammaparentingcenter.com to see class descriptions and locations, check available dates and register online. For questions or to register by phone, Amma Parenting Center staff is ready to help you at 952-926-BABY.
Go to Amma