For Physicians: Referrals
Kidney Stone Institute achieves first-in-the-nation certification
HealthEast Kidney Stone Institute is the first ever to be awarded disease-specific care certification by The Joint Commission for kidney stone disease. This certification affirms that HealthEast's approach to patient care is consistently delivered across the most essential venues of care, from quality to patient experience.
Go here to learn more about our certification and what it means for patients.
Referring patients to the Kidney Stone Institute
The HealthEast Kidney Stone Institute works in collaboration with physicians referring patients to our program. We are committed to working with you to give your patients the most effective treatment options. Our goal is to ensure a seamless continuity of care for patients.
- We provide communication and feedback to the referring physician.
- For surgical candidates - If requested by the patient's primary physician, we can provide a thorough pre-operative screening and assessment. We have a team of hospitalists to provide pre-operative assessment.
A pre-operative assessment consult is especially essential for:
- High risk surgical candidates
- Out-of-state patients
- At the request of the surgeon, our team of hospitalists can provide post-operative management of surgical patients.
- Complete report will be provided to the patient's primary physician to ensure on-going care continuity by the primary provider.
To refer a patient or schedule a consultation
Please call the Kidney Stone Institute Hotline at 1-888-326-3830. We can provide you with information on scheduling an appointment with a kidney stone specialist.
To learn more about treatment options, or to speak directly to the program director, call 651-326-3249.