Thank you for your interest in HealthEast Foundation! Helping, healing and making a difference in the lives of others are at the heart of health care and the work of the HealthEast Foundation.
We work to provide meaningful giving opportunities for people seeking to give back to their community. Community giving is what started our organization, and that spirit still carries through HealthEast today. Thanks to thousands of generous donors, HealthEast Foundation has raised and contributed more than $73.5 million to HealthEast programs and services.
You can become part of our mission and vision by joining the HealthEast family of friends and supporters – 100 percent of your designated contribution goes directly to the programs and services that serve our patients and their families. By participating, you will be helping to preserve the health of your community. Through the power of philanthropy, all things are possible!
Click here to view HealthEast Foundation’s fiscal year 2012 financial position.
Special Bethesda fundraising effort
HealthEast Foundation has launched a special fundraising effort for Bethesda Hospital with a goal of $250,000. Because Bethesda provides many important programs that are not reimbursed by insurance, we are dependent on community generosity to maintain and expand this great work. Your gift is essential to Bethesda's mission and enhances the lives of all of our patients.
Here are a few examples of how your gift can be used to impact our patients:
- Movement and recreation classes like Fitness, Tai Chi, Nordic Walking, and Parkinson's Dance which help patients of the Capistrant Center for Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders stay active and improve their quality of life.
- Education and support during the most fragile moments in people's lives through classes and groups for patients and families of our Alzheimer's and Memory Loss Care program.
- Therapeutic Recreation services such as healing arts, crafts, games, computer access, music, horticulture and special events that make a significant impact on the healing process.
- Community outreach from our Concussion Clinic through seminars and working with area schools to create monthly strengthening classes for student athletes which will prevent and minimize concussions.
- Developing a registry of the critically ill and injured patients who are cared for at Bethesda, which is the first of its kind in the world. Data will be collected for 10 years and will be used to revolutionize care for these patients across the country.
Learn more by reading our case for support. To come see the good work being done at Bethesda for yourself or to discuss a gift, please call HealthEast Foundation at 651-232-4990.
2012 Annual Report
Learn more about HealthEast in the 2012 Report to the Community. You can download the Flash Flip Book or PDF version:
HealthEast Foundation develops philanthropic support, consistent with our Judeo-Christian heritage, to benefit patients and the communities served by HealthEast Care System.
Our Vision Promise
Creating the best health care philanthropy experience.
The history of HealthEast Foundation
HealthEast Foundation was incorporated in 1987, soon after HealthEast Care System came together as the Twin Cities' largest faith-based health care system. Rooted in the Judeo-Christian values of the founding hospitals, HealthEast Foundation carries on a rich tradition of inviting support to meet the community's health care needs. As a non-profit organization, this support is vital to our success.
Charities Review Council Seal
HealthEast Foundation received accreditation from the Charities Review Council. The council, an independent resource for donors, measures not-for-profits like HealthEast Foundation against standards which address a charity's performance in four critical areas: public disclosure, governance, financial activity and fundraising.
Adherence to the Council's Accountability Standards is an indication that we have taken steps to align our policies and procedures with commonly accepted standards. Accreditation can be viewed as a "seal of approval" from this highly regarded organization and it empowers donors to make informed and thoughtful giving decisions.
We hope this accreditation will help you and others understand that we will make the best use of your gifts!