Whether you've designed twenty trees or have never hot-glued an ornament to anything, we are in need of creative and talented volunteers to sponsor and decorate trees, wreaths, centerpieces and holiday décor for Festival of Trees.
HealthEast Foundation has partnered with Koehler & Dramm Wholesale Florist. Together, we offer a more rewarding experience for our designers by offering creative training and an open house. Read below for details and important dates.
Why should I be a designer?
- Photos of winning entries, selected by professional judges, will be displayed during the Holiday Gala program.
- Designers will have the opportunity to attend an exclusive training session at Koehler & Dramm and learn tips from experts on making exquisite holiday décor.
- Your creations will be auctioned off at Festival of Trees and 100 percent of funds raised will benefit HealthEast Care System patients and their families.
Sign up to be a designer
Sponsor and design a tree, wreath, or centerpiece to be sold to the highest bidder at Festival of Trees. We'll provide you with a tree or wreath to be designed at the Saint Paul RiverCentre on Designer Day or you may choose to decorate it at home. As a designer, you're invited to attend an exclusive open house at Koehler & Dramm Wholesale Florist.
Sign up today! You'll receive recognition at Festival of Trees and have your creation entered in the designer competition.
Sign up now
"2014 Trends" Open House: Saturday, October 18, 10 am to 2 pm
Enjoy a day at Koehler & Dramm learning the 2014 "hot trends" from designing experts. You will learn everything from how to make a glamorous tree topper to draping ribbon just right. You’ll also receive a 15 percent discount on regular priced wholesale tree decor! Workshop will be held from 10 to 11 am, followed by time to shop.
Koehler & Dramm Wholesale Florist is located at 2407 East Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis. Get directions.
Tree Designer Day: Friday, November 21, 10 am to 5 pm
Come to Saint Paul RiverCentre (175 Kellogg Blvd. W.) and decorate your assigned tree or wreath. Enjoy festive music and the company of others while you work.
All designers opting for home or work decorating must deliver their decorated items to Saint Paul RiverCentre by 2 pm on November 21.
For more information
If you have questions, please contact Amanda Knutson at 651-232-4931 or by e-mail.
Guidelines & responsibilities
- You will be given a pre-lit tree or wreath to decorate. When choosing your theme, keep in mind that buyers purchase items for their home, business or as a gift to organizations such as churches. While some themes are "cute," they may not be appropriate for all locations. Suggested theme ideas include: Norwegian, Enchanted Forest, Santa's Helpers, etc.
- We encourage you to decorate your tree or wreath in one to three holiday colors. The following colors help secure bids: green, red, royal blue, white, gold and/or silver.
- All decorations and trim must be properly secured to the tree or wreath to be judged and to ensure safe delivery. Plastic ornaments are highly recommended.
- All tree stands must be covered with a tree skirt or material.
- You may not use loose glitter, snow, powders, dried or fresh flowers, or perishable items.
- Consider the weight of your tree. After Festival of Trees your tree will be moved into its new home. Top heavy trees tend to break.
- The tree or wreath and all decorations on and under the tree or wreath (not to extend beyond the circumference of the tree base) become the property of the purchaser.
Decorate your tree or wreath at the Saint Paul RiverCentre
On Friday, November 21, 10 am to 5 pm designers will decorate their tree or wreath at Saint Paul RiverCentre second floor rotunda (175 Kellogg Blvd. W.). Bring your decorations and supplies – your pre-lit tree or wreath will be waiting.
Designers are responsible for supplying their own tools (i.e. wire, scissors, wire cutters, glue gun, step ladder) and miscellaneous items needed for decorating.
Decorate your tree or wreath at your home
To decorate a pre-lit tree or wreath at your home, call Amanda Knutson at 651-232-4931 to arrange a pick-up time at Koehler & Dramm Wholesale Florist.
Note: You are responsible for picking up your tree/wreath from Koehler and Dramm Wholesale Florist AND delivering your decorated tree/wreath to the Saint Paul RiverCentre on Friday, November 21 from 10 am to 2 pm.
For all designers
Save your receipts; your donation is tax deductible as permitted by law.
Tree designer competition
Professional judges will view the trees, wreaths and centerpieces Friday evening, November 21. Judging is based on: theme, creativity, proportional decorations, well-shaped branches, and overall beauty and appeal. Ribbons will be presented for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in each category.