There’s something here for everyone
The Minneapolis/St. Paul area is home to great shopping, theaters, professional sports teams and world-class museums. What's more, Minnesotans enjoy high-quality education and the state is consistently ranked among the best for health, fitness and quality of life.
First, biggest, best!*
- St. Paul was proudly named one of "America's Dozen Distinctive Destinations for 2011," an honor bestowed by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Twin Cites named fittest metro area in 2011 by the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Minneapolis has more theater seats per capita than any city outside of New York.
- The area is home to the largest enclosed mall in the country, the Mall of America.
- More golfers per capita than any city in the country.
- One of the only national scenic byways located entirely in an urban area.
- The Minneapolis metropolitan area tops the Forbes.com list of America's safest cities.
- In 2009, Minneapolis was named one of "America's best cities," according to Outside magazine.
- Travel and Leisure ranks Minneapolis as one of world’s top biking cities.
- Minneapolis ranked as the second most fun city in the country according to the Ritz Cracker FUNomenal Places Study.
- Minneapolis was named as one of MSN Travel's 15 Coolest North American Cities – Where to go for an urban getaway in 2009.
Check out these videos from Greater MSP on YouTube to get a closer look at what makes the Twin Cities great:
To learn more about the area, we invite you to explore the links below.
About St. Paul
Other interesting sites
*Most facts from www.minneapolis.org