Join an accomplished team of Hematologist/Oncologists & Radiation Oncologists
Puneet Singh Cheema, MD
Cancer Care Medical Director, Medical Oncologist/Hematologist
Ross McBride, MD
Gopakumar Nambudiri, MD
Medical Oncologist/ Hematologist
James Shanks, MD
Medical Oncologist/ Hematologist
We're on the cutting edge of cancer care at HealthEast, and you could be, too.
Our comprehensive cancer center in St. Paul, Minnesota has four board-certified Hematologist/Oncologists, two board-certified Radiation Oncologists and a specialized support team. Our physicians can access very active multi-disciplinary tumor boards, research trials, nurse navigators, CyberKnife and genetic counseling services. We are the proud recipient of a Commission on Cancer Accreditation with Commendation.
As part of our team you'll enjoy the support of an excellent staff including a physicist, a dosimetrist, three radiation therapists, two oncology-certified RNs and a nurse practitioner. We have a collegial small group feel, but with advanced technology and multi-specialty group sophistication.
As a Hematologist/Oncologist or Radiation Oncologist, you will receive a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes both a quality incentive bonus and a work RVU production bonus.
A flexible atmosphere
We offer 1:4 call, with a 24/7 hospitalist program. You will perform daily rounds at three hospitals: St. Joseph's Hospital, St. John's Hospital and Woodwinds Health Campus. Inpatient responsibilities are shared equally among four current oncologists with an average of five patients. To facilitate, we use IMPAC/MOSAIQ EMR.
Clinic hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Your schedule would include two clinic days at St. John's and two clinic days at Woodwinds per week. RNs and nurse practitioners work with physicians in the clinics, and oncology-certified nurses administer chemotherapy. Physicians supervise nurses at the infusion/chemo centers at the three hospitals.
HealthEast Cancer Care services
We offer both inpatient and outpatient services, including:
- Leading-edge diagnostic equipment
- Radiation therapy
- Chemotherapy/hormonal therapies
Our specialty centers and services include:
Treating cancer with new technology
New advances in technology give our patients and doctors more ways to treat cancer. We boast state-of-the-art equipment including:
- Phillips Big Bore Brilliant CT/MRI/PET-CT
- Varian 21 IX IMRT/IGRT/
- Pinnacle Version 8 treatment planning software
- Nucletron Plato HDR/LDR brachytherapy
HealthEast Cancer Care innovative treatment options:
- CyberKnife system (for various tumor locations): Uses targeted, precise doses of radiation to target tumors. It is FDA-approved to treat tumors throughout the body and can achieve an outcome like surgery without incisions.
- da Vinci Surgical System (for prostate cancer): Allows doctors to remove prostate through five or six one-inch incisions.
- MammoSite Radiation Therapy System (for breast cancer): After a lumpectomy, MammoSite delivers a high dose of radiation directly to cancer site.
For more information about any of our Hematology and Oncology opportunities and how we can provide you with a professional journey like no other, please contact:
To learn more about physician careers at HealthEast, go here or call 866-610-7219.