HealthEast Pharmacy Residency Programs
HealthEast Care System offers three Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) pharmacy practice residency programs, with one resident for each of the following hospital sites: St. John's Hospital, Bethesda Hospital and St. Joseph's Hospital. Each hospital site has unique characteristics to which the resident can focus to their career interests. HealthEast residents have the benefits of experiencing the unique specialties of all three hospitals, building valuable professional networks and utilizing shared resources across the health system.
HealthEast PGY1 residents work together across the health system
- Practice management and leadership
- Health system and site based committee involvement
- Medication safety
- Involvement in state and national pharmacy organizations
- Competitive stipend
- Health benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Personal workspace with PC or laptop
- Financial support for national, state and local pharmacy meetings
- Electronic resources and on-campus libraries
- Statistician assistance from HealthEast Research and Education
St. Joseph’s PGY1 pharmacy residency is ASHP accredited. However, due to remodeling our current HealthEast PGY1 pharmacy residency program from a system-wide residency to site-specific residencies, Bethesda and St. John’s are currently seeking ASHP accreditation.
Go here to contact us.