Cancer Treatment Options
HealthEast Cancer Care uses advanced technologies and cancer treatment. Each plan is individually customized and uses the foundation of nationally-accepted treatment models. We offer a full team of support through treatment and beyond. The most common cancers we treat include breast, lung, colon and lymphoma, and we also treat benign blood disorders (hematology).
The main types of cancer treatment include:
- Surgery - About 60 percent of cancer patients will undergo some sort of surgery, either by itself or in combination with other therapies. Learn more about HealthEast Surgery locations and options.
- Radiation oncology - uses large doses of high-energy beams or particles to destroy cancer cells in a targeted area of the body.
- Medical oncology/chemotherapy, hematology and infusion therapy - uses powerful drugs to kill or control the growth of cancer cells or other tumors. (Hematology and infusion therapy are also used to treat a variety of other health conditions.) Some patients experience side effects from chemotherapy. We’re here to help manage any effects that may occur.
Cancer treatment at HealthEastWe are here for you.
Top notch cancer care is provided by our experienced teams on the campuses of St. John's, St. Joseph's and Woodwinds hospitals. You’ll appreciate the broad range of support we offer to both patients and caregivers.
Treatment hours at all three locations are Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
Three convenient locations, close to home
CANCER CARE AT ST. JOHN'S HOSPITAL
View a campus map; call 651-232-7970 with questions or to learn more.
CANCER CENTER AT WOODWINDS HEALTH CAMPUS
View a campus map; call 651-326-6750 with questions or to learn more.
CYBERKNIFE CENTER AT ST. JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL
View a campus map; call 651-232-3111 to see if CyberKnife is right for you.
HealthEast Cancer Care
1875 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
1575 Beam Avenue
Maplewood, MN 55109
45 West 10th Street
St. Paul, MN 55102
1925 Woodwinds Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
Treating cancer with new technology
New advances in technology give patients and doctors more ways to treat cancer. At HealthEast Cancer Care, you have access to these innovative treatment options:
- CyberKnife system (for various tumor locations) - Uses targeted, precise doses of radiation to target tumors. It is FDA-approved to treat tumors throughout the body and can achieve an outcome like surgery without incisions.
- Robotic Surgery (for prostate and lung cancer) - Allows doctors to perform surgery through small incisions, each about one inch in length.
MEET THE CANCER CARE TEAM
General Internal Medicine
Psychologist - Licensed
MEET OUR PATIENT NAVIGATORS
Our Patient Navigators are oncology nurses with added training in patient/family education and services, who help cancer patients coordinate a path through treatment.
Patients at HealthEast Cancer Care are treated by a team of specialists who tailor care to each patient's individual needs. The team may include:
- Medical oncologist/hematologist
- Radiation oncologist
- Other health care professionals