Volunteers play an integral part in the success of Bethesda Hospital. Their dedication enhances the quality and cost-effectiveness of the care we provide. We are always looking for compassionate people who can fulfill the important role of a volunteer. We can help you share your gifts, and you may even discover some talents you didn’t know you had!
Volunteer Voice newsletter
To keep volunteers up to date, we publish the Volunteer Voice, a newsletter for Bethesda and HealthEast Midway Campus volunteers.
Volunteers assist in many ways
Our volunteers assist in many ways. Some interact directly with patients and families; others do not. We have positions that involve a lot of walking and some where you remain in one place for your shift. We try to accommodate your interests and talents while keeping in mind the needs of our facility. We also coordinate volunteer opportunities at the HealthEast Midway Campus.
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- Patient support - physical therapy, patient representative, Artie the Art Cart, patient escort, one on one visits, mail and flower delivery
- Support services - Welcome Center, gift shop, spiritual care (eucharistic ministers), office support and mailings
- Special projects - blood drive, Daffodil Days, tour guide, crafts and Festival of Trees
We ask that you come to us with a positive attitude about service, an ability to learn, a willing servant's heart and a commitment to your volunteer position. We do require that our volunteers be at least 14 years old and have good communication skills.
The Joint Commission requires new volunteers to complete the following:
- Criminal background check
- Mantoux Test
- Rubella screening
- Annual performance review
What you can expect
When you volunteer with us, you can expect opportunities to:
- Use your talents
- Develop new skills
- Meet colleagues who value you as a partner
- Receive support in the area you serve
- Meet new people
- Experience new friendships with those you help
How to become a volunteer
The next step is up to you! Fill out our online application.
Once you have successfully submitted the form, you will be taken to a thank you page that includes a health form and a reference form. Please print these off, complete according to the instructions and return to us at the address listed on the form.
For more information
Contact our volunteer coordinator at 651-232-2191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.