Here is just a sampling of HealthEast's accomplishments from the past 20 years.
- HealthEast Care System is created by the merger of:
- Health Resources (St. John's Eastside and St. John's Northeast Hospitals, Transportation, Maplewood Surgery Center, White Bear Lake Care Center, Pleasant Hill Care Center and TeleHealth)
- Baptist Hospital Fund (Midway Hospital, Mounds Park Hospital, St. Paul Surgery Center, Kinderberry Hill Child Care Center)
- Optional Care (now HealthEast Home Care)
- Bethesda Lutheran Medical Center (now Bethesda Hospital)
- Bethesda Lutheran Care Center (now Cerenity Care Center - Bethesda of South St. Paul) and Med Home.
- Medical staff merges to create single HealthEast Medical Staff.
- Divine Redeemer Hospital joins HealthEast.
- St. Joseph's Hospital joins HealthEast.
- Mounds Park Hospital closes; services relocate to St. Joseph's Hospital.
- St. John's Eastside Hospital closes; services relocated to St. John's Northeast Hospital.
- The first expansion of St. John's Northeast Hospital.
- HealthEast starts Passport Program for people age 55 and older.
- St. John's Hospital expands with ICU, 10 additional beds and new Physical and Respiratory Therapy.
- Bethesda Lutheran Hospital closes as an acute care facility.
- Marian Center of Saint Paul opens in former Mounds Park Hospital.
- New Heart Care Center opens at St. Joseph's Hospital
- HealthEast receives exemption to consolidate patients with several chronic conditions at Bethesda.
- HealthEast Care, Inc. starts.
- St. John's Hospital expands by 32 beds and builds new Maternity Care Center.
- Kinderberry Hill Child Care Center is sold.
- Pain Care Center opens at Bethesda Hospital
- Planning underway for MetroEast Program for Health; HealthEast gives $2 million endowment to start program.
- Second floor of Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital is renovated for Rehab program.
- Brain Injury Services opens at Bethesda.
- St. Joseph's Hospital's Maternity Care is remodeled.
- Department of Research and Medical Education is created.
- HealthEast Clinics begins clinic acquisitions.
- St. John's Hospital is listed as one of the "Top 100 Hospitals."
- Divine Redeemer Hospital closes; services moved to St. Joseph's Hospital.
- Optimum Rehabilitation opens at former Divine Redeemer campus.
- Transportation begins Retail Dispatch/Communication services.
- Parish Nurse program starts.
- Clinics add another site bringing total to 15 clinics in 19 locations.
- Customer Advocacy Department is established.
- TeleHealth becomes OneCall (now Care Connection) and expands services.
- Macalester/Groveland Clinic opens as first non-acquired HealthEast clinic.
- Midway Hospital discontinues inpatient services; outpatient services continue.
- St. John's Hospital begins $50 million expansion to campus.
- Groundbreaking for Woodwinds office building.
- Eden Alternative philosophy in Senior Care is started.
- Groundbreaking for the new Woodwinds Health Campus and Outpatient Center.
- Radiology Department opens at St. John's.
- St. John's Hospital adds on to its Outpatient Center and Emergency Care Center.
- HealthEast Corporate Services relocates to Midway Campus.
- HealthEast changes its name to HealthEast Care System.
- HealthEast acquires former Wilder Care Centers and Marian of St. Paul.
- Breast Care Center planning begins.
- Woodbury Clinic on Woodbury Health Campus opens.
- Woodwinds Health Campus and Clinic opens
- The Pillars Hospice House opens
- Residence - South St. Paul opens.
- MetroEast Program for Health becomes independent.
- St. Joseph's Hospital lobby and first floor is remodeled.
- HealthEast Vascular Center opens in the Gallery Professional Building in
- Intensivist program begins at St. John's and Woodwinds Hospital.
- HealthEast has its first group of nurses from the Philippines start.
- Bethesda opens Wold Memorial Wing
- St. Joseph's Hospital celebrates its 150th anniversary!
- Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital partners with Fairview-University Hospital to open a satellite location on the Fairview-Riverside campus.
- HealthEast Residence - Marian of Saint Paul opens.
- The Transitional Care Unit opens at HealthEast Residence on Humboldt.
- St. Joseph's Hospital acquires the first CyberKnife system in the upper Midwest.
- St. John's opens the Express Admit Unit.
- HealthEast Oakdale and White Bear Avenue clinics join in a new facility.
- HealthEast launches the Women's HeartAdvantage program.
- St. John's Hospital is named to the "100 Top Hospitals" list by Solucient.
- St. John's Hospital expands the Prostate Cancer Care program by acquiring da Vinci technology.
- The HealthEast Bariatric Care program begins at St. Joseph's Hospital.
- HealthEast announces $70 million expansion and renovation for St. Joseph's Hospital
- HealthEast Hospitals are awarded Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification.
- St. John's TV show - Inside Health Care - makes its debut.
- St. John's and St. Joseph's hospitals are recognized among Solucient's Top 100 hospitals in the country.
- Online Childbirth Education launches.
- HealthEast Kidney Stone Institute opens and strives to raise the standard of care for stone sufferers.
- HealthEast performs first of four web casts - live surgery on the Internet
- HealthEast is named by The Business Journal as one of Great Places to Work in Minnesota for 2005.
- HealthEast Maternity Care is believed to be the first in the country to offer holistic care (healing touch, massage, soothing music, aromatherapy) for preemies.
- HealthEast Care System partners with the Benedictine Health System (BHS) of Duluth and Clement Manor and its sponsor, the School Sisters of St. Francis of St. Joseph's Convent in Milwaukee, to sponsor a new, independent senior care organization made up of the former HealthEast Senior Care facilities. The new company is named Cerenity Senior Care.
- World-renown orthopedic surgeon performs a rare double-leg lengthening surgery at Woodwinds.
- Urologic surgeon at the HealthEast Kidney Stone Institute develops technique to revolutionize kidney stone treatment.
- St. Joseph's breaks ground for a new patient tower.
- Level One Heart Care is implemented at St. Joseph's Hospital, reducing the time between arrival at the hospital and the beginning of angioplasty for patients having a heart attack.
- The National Brain Aneurysm Center (formerly HealthEast Neurovascular Institute) is the first Upper Midwest site to participate in clinical trials with the innovative Penumbra Stroke System, a minimally invasive procedure to open blood vessels closed by acute ischemic stroke.
- HealthEast Sleep Care opened a new center in Maplewood.
- Bethesda Hospital opens a unique Concussion Clinic to treat patients, especially athletes, who have sustained a concussion.
- Cancer services are centralized to create the integrated HealthEast Cancer Care Center at St. John's Hospital.
- Woodwinds adds eight beds to meet increasing community needs.
- HealthEast Pharmacies continues to add robotics to increase efficiency in dispensing medications.
- Horizon Admin-Rx help medical professionals improve medication safety.
- Maplewood Surgery Center transitions to new joint venture ownership.
- Bethesda Hospital welcomes visits from politicians.
- Robert Sevenich, MD; Terrance Capistrant, MD; and Alvin Holm, MD, each received a Bethesda Millennium Award.
- Jean Orr, RN, HealthEast Home Care Manager of Quality and Education, is named new Clinical Director of Nursing for Home Care.
- Nadine Paitich named Home Care Executive.
- HealthEast Clinics recognized for excellent performance in care for patients with coronary artery disease.
- Lynne Lillie, MD, is named Woodwinds new medical director.
- HealthEast congratulates medical staff members mentioned in Mpls/St. Paul Magazine's 2007 Top Physicians list.
- HealthEast advances toward milestone goal, the benchmark for quality care in health care by 2010.
- HealthEast Foundation honors Donald Asp, MD, of HealthEast Medical Care for Seniors, and St. Paul Heart Clinic with its Physician Community Service Award.
- HealthEast is named among the top 10 of all U.S. health systems, according to a clinical performance study by Thomson Reuters.
- Modern Healthcare magazine named HealthEast one of the top 100 "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" in the nation.
- Grand opening held for the newly constructed tower at St. Joseph's Hospital.
- St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Twin Cities to use the latest patient tracking technology, Horizon Enterprise Visibility.
- Groundbreaking research completed by Dr. Andrew Portis, the Kidney Stone Institute Clinic medical director, found that removing all kidney stones (even the smallest fragments) is critical in preventing future stones.
- A new 16-slice CT scanner was installed at Bethesda to address the imaging needs of our complex medical patients.
- The Woodwinds maternity unit staff celebrated when the 10,000th baby was born.
- Woodwinds became the market leader for orthopaedic care in the Twin Cities.
- Surgeons at St. John's performed their 1,000th robot-assisted prostate cancer surgery with the da Vinci® System.
- St. John's is named one of "America's Best Hospitals" for urology care by U.S. News & World Report.
- 2010 marks the tenth anniversary of the First Choice survey.
- HealthEast Medical Transportation moves into new headquarters and celebrates its 100th anniversary.
- healtheast.org starts out the year with a total redesign.
- City Passport celebrates its fifth anniversary.
- St. John's celebrates its 100th anniversary.
- MyTime, an electronic time collection system, is rolled out at HealthEast.
- St. Paul Heart Clinic joins HealthEast Heart Care.
- New HealthEast clinics open in Stillwater and Roseville.
- HealthGrades identifies Woodwinds Health Campus as performing in top ten percent in the nation for patient satisfaction.
To learn more about what's going on across HealthEast, visit our Awards & Recognition page.